Gift Aid allows UK charities to claim back the basic rate tax already paid on donations by the donor. This means we can claim back from the government on your behalf 25p for every £1 donated, boosting the value of the donation by a quarter.
We are unable to claim gift aid on your donation if:
- the donation was on behalf of someone else or a group of people
- the donation was on behalf of a company
- the donation was to a family member or friend doing an event where the charity is contributing to their costs
- the donation was made in return for goods, rights or services.
- the donation is from non-UK taxpayer