The COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak presents specific risks to the homelessness population.
Individuals living and sleeping in shared spaces such as hostels, night shelters, and day centres are at particular risk as they are unable to self-isolate, and services cannot close down as the people they support are then forced back to the streets, where they are at even greater risk.
Why we need your help
Our funds are being hit hard and we are working hard to try and secure emergency funding from various grant making bodies.
- We have lost our main source of income (our charity shop)
- We are unable to accept donations of clothes and toiletries for our homeless friends, or donations for suspended coffee’s and meal packs
- We are having to purchase more food supplies than normal, as now we cannot access outlets who regularly donated food to us as the end of the day.
- We are having to buy additional protective gear for our volunteers such as medical grade masks and gloves.
- We are purchasing hand sanitiser and medical grade cleaning wipes to distribute to our homeless friends to help them stay protected.
Any surplus funds following the COVID-19 crisis will be allocated towards our homeless general fund.